Undergraduate ProgramsJune 27, 2022 2023-03-20 14:05
Bachelor of Science in Physical Therapy;
Duration of Study
Bachelor of Science in Physical Therapy (2016 – 2019)
Five years (10 Semesters) + Internship year
- (190 CH = 10 CH University Courses + 5 CH Elective Courses + 175 CH Faculty course)
- All courses are taught in English.
Deraya University – College of Physical Therapy grants students a bachelor’s degree in Physical Therapy and has the following programs:
- Basic Sciences
- Physical Therapy for Pediatric
- Physical Therapy for Internal Medicine
- Physical Therapy for Women Health
- Physical Therapy for Integumentary
- Physical Therapy for Orthopedic
- Physical Therapy for Neurology
The Bachelor of Physical Therapy consists of the following required courses based on NARS;
Biological and Physical Sciences
Anatomy (1,2,3), Physiology (1,2), Biochemistry, Biophysics, Histology, Biomechanics (1,2,3), Neuroanatomy, Neurophysiology, Pathology, Pharmacology, Advanced Pharmacology
English (1,2), Human history, Arabic, Scientific, Critical & philosophical thinking, Professional English & medical terminology, Ethics& laws, Principles of research, scientific writing, Psychology, Communication skills, principles, Biostatistics, Quality principles, sociology, Accounting, Hospital Administration, Human Rights
Core Professional Sciences
1. Electrotherapy (1,2).
2. Tests & Measurements (1,2).
4. Therapeutic Exercises (1,2)
5. Manual Therapy
6. Internal Medicine & Geriatrics.
7. Cardiopulmonary Diseases & Surgery.
8. Physiotherapy for Internal Medicine & Geriatrics.
9. Physiotherapy for Cardiopulmonary Diseases & Surgery.
10. Principles of Nutrition.
11. Gynecology & Obstetrics.
12. Physiotherapy for Women Health.
13. General Surgery & Burns.
15. Physiotherapy for Integumentary System.
16. Community Medicine
18. Sports medicine.
19. Physiotherapy for Traumatology & Sports Injuries.
20. Radiology (1,2).
21. First Aid.
22. Orthotics & Prosthetics.
23. Orthopedics & Orthopedic Surgery.
24. Physiotherapy for Orthopedics & Orthopedic Surgery.
25. Neurology & Psychiatry.
27. Physiotherapy for Neurology.
28. Physiotherapy for Neurosurgery.
29. Motor Control.
30. Pediatrics & Pediatric Surgery.
31. Physiotherapy for Pediatrics
32. Physiotherapy for Pediatric Surgery.
33. Human Genetics.
34. Growth Development & Neonates.
35. Speech Therapy Principles.
36. Management of Lymphedema
37. Occupational Therapy.
38. Exercise physiology
39. Differential diagnosis
40. Evidence-based practice
Computer, Ergonomics, Electrodiagnosis