CouncilsApril 10, 2022 2022-11-22 13:34
Deraya’s councils provide a variety of services to the University community, including incoming and current students, faculty, staff, and alumni. Each of our councils collaborates to ensure that Deraya is a great place to study, work, and research.
The University Council, headed by the University President, is formed through the members who are responsible for advising the president on operational and strategic matters:
- University Vice-Presidents.
- Deans of the University Colleges.
- The University Secretary attends the Council sessions, participates in the discussions, and holds the Council secretariat.
The University Council is responsible for leading the University by making well-informed decisions, coordinating university-wide programs and policies, implementing strategic plans, and pursuing new opportunities.
The academic council is responsible for overseeing the University’s academic mission and providing direct advice to the president on all academic matters brought to its attention. The president receives the council’s guidance in the form of formal resolutions and informal advisory statements. The final decision in all such matters rests with the president. The primary purpose of the academic council is to ensure that all academic aspects of the university’s academic mission, strategic plans, and programs are implemented appropriately.
College of Pharmacy
Prof. Mahmoud El Rehany
College of Physical Therapy
Prof. Khaled Ayad
College of Dentistry
Prof. Sherin Fouda
College of Business Administration
Prof. Abdelhameed Abonaeem
The Administrative Council’s mission is to serve as a representative body for all university constituent organizations, with the goal of establishing and/or revising all non-academic policies and procedures that affect the entire institution. The following topics are discussed by the Administrative Council:
- Submit policy recommendations to the President of the University on any matter relating to the non-academic life of the University.
- Legislation and review of important regulations on the administration.
- Budget preparation and execution, and tracking of accounting issues.
- Examine and evaluate University management and administration practices.
- Other important management matters.
The Administrative Council is a body that deliberates important matters of university administration and consists of the President, who chairs the Board; Board members/faculty, and outside/outside individuals.