StudentsMarch 8, 2021 2022-12-10 10:08
Academic Policies and Procedures
Schedule of Classes
Information Technology Office
Academic Support Center
Counseling and Mental Health Care
Every student at Deraya University will have the required resources and support to shine in his/her life and career.
Deraya University understands the importance of student life to a well-balanced undergraduate experience. With this in mind, Deraya University campus provides the necessary physical environment and facilities to ensure that the students have a pleasant and rewarding experience that remains memorable throughout their life. Deraya University, as a leading University in Egypt, provides a variety of resources to students that help them strive in their career and their future
Academic Policies & Procedures guide students as they manage more typical academic responsibilities like dropping courses, declaring a major, and more.
All students are assigned a faculty member from their major department to serve as their academic advisor. Each student meets with their academic advisor during the regularly scheduled advising period each semester to review academic progress and select courses for the coming semester. All advisors have office hours, so the student should contact the advisor whenever information or an opinion on an academic matter is needed.
Clinical Training within the College and other medical-affiliated institutions in different specialties will expose the students to a unique experience as an integral part of the medical approach.
Office of Registration
The Office of registration in the university is dedicated to applying administrative and academic policies and procedures. The office supports, facilitates, and promotes the academic goal of the university by putting students in touch with professors, curricula, and classrooms from enrollment to graduation and beyond.
Registration office is responsible for;
- Preparing and publishing the academic schedule for the academic year, including vacations.
- Preparing and publishing study schedules based on class capacity, classrooms, and schedules of professors and teaching assistants, and according to What suits the educational process and avoids conflicting appointments.
- Preparing the exam schedules in accordance with the requirements of the credit hours and the nature of the courses.
- Supporting the mechanisms of the university and the General Education Division with regard to conducting exams, including printing and distributing seat numbers.
- Implementation of the requests for the generation of students and their protection according to what is determined by the academic advisors, agents, and deans.
- Preparing lists of classrooms at the end of the registration period and circulating them to faculty members, deans, and deans.
- Implementation of academic rules and regulations, including requirements for general and specialized subjects, and one more
- The minimum number of recording hours, physical warning, and other restrictions imposed on the recording.
Student activity helps in building personality, discovering, and develop in talents. The role of this office is;
- Advocate for extra-curricular student activities and programs.
- Plan and implement athletic activities, both competitive and recreational and supervise athletic trainers.
- Assist the university athletic teams in terms of travel and participation in regional and national competitions.
- Plan and implement cultural activities and programs, and supervise coaches and teachers.
- Organize recreational, entertainment, and leisure activities for students, including students gatherings, group dinners, concerts, camps, and recreational travel
Military Service Policy for Egyptian Male Students
- According to the Egyptian Military Service Law No. 127, Article (8), enacted in 1980, all undergraduate Egyptian male students must identify their military service status within 30 days of their 19th birthday.
- According to the Egyptian Military Service Law No. 127, Article (45), enacted in 1980, all graduate Egyptian male students must submit a photocopy of their military service certificates or forms.
Military Education - Deraya University
The Military Education Course is a compulsory course for students (males only) and must be successfully passed.
Military education is a basic subject for a student (pass and fail). Students are not entitled to graduate and receive their graduation certificate until they pass the course successfully.
Military education courses are carried out in full attendance at the university for 15 days under the supervision of an officer from the Popular Defense Forces and Military Command.
If a student does not pass the course successfully, it is considered a failure and is entitled to register for other courses for an additional fee.
Comply with absent and attendance instructions and required scientific research specified by the course leader in order to prevent students from failing the course
The military education course includes daily sports exercises for students on the university grounds and theoretical lectures in the university classroom.
Goals of Military Education
- Its aim is to prepare students physically and psychologically for national service in accordance with the different stages he is going through.
- Aims to familiarize students with the basics of military service and the beginning of their preparation as soldiers in the Egyptian Armed Forces.
- Increase their love of order and commitment in their daily lives.
It aims to develop a spirit of loyalty to the homeland and to inculcate the national spirit in students.
- Informing students and raising their awareness of the importance and role of the armed forces in development work within the State.
- Carrying out some visits for students to military units, military colleges, various war museums, and giant development projects
To register you only have to fill out the form that will send to you by E-mail or visit the student activities office.
The Office of Information Technology provides a wide range of services for the Deraya community to support academic achievement and provide the best possible technology-based services
- Deraya Email
- GPA Calculator
- IT Services/Support
- LMS (Learning Management System)
- IT Policies and Procedures
- Software Agreements
- Frequently Asked Questions
IT SOLUTIONS IN REACTION TO COVID-19
- 24/7 IT Help Desk
- Video Conferencing
- Microsoft Tools
- Frequently Asked Questions
The aim of Academic Support Services is to increase student academic effectiveness. Students who think they may need academic assistance in order to achieve their educational objectives should visit the Academic Success Center as soon as possible to maximize the benefit of these services. The work of this office focuses on:
- Support student at risk, including early warning system and remedial programs.
- Establish student mentor system and allocate suitable mentors to support students at risk both academically and professionally.
- Provide advice to students at risk in terms of workload, study strategies, and supporting resources.
- Prepare review and help sessions before exams as needed.
- Organize and deliver self-improvement programs to support students at risk.
- Notify college members, counselors, and health center doctors of any cases that warrant their attention.
Medical Clinic – located on the ground floor of the main building – offers professional medical services to all Deraya students, and staff members by qualified doctors and nurses. The university also provides medical insurance that covers all Deraya students through the “Medright” company. This service is provided through many hospitals in various locations all over Egypt.
We want to support you every step of the way on your journey with us and we understand that sometimes when you are experiencing problems it can be helpful to talk about them with someone else. Often that might be friends, family, or a member of staff, but sometimes it can also be helpful to talk to an impartial counselor who is outside of the situation, and who has experience in discussing similar issues. The work of this center focuses on:
- Provide appropriate advice and counsel for students suffering from mental health issues.
- Assess the mental health of students seeking help and inform instructors of any special requirements to accommodate such students.
- Refer cases requiring medical attention to the university clinic or university psychiatrist for medical care.