FAQsMarch 13, 2023 2023-08-24 23:58
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Who we are?
Deraya University in New Minya is an academic institution that provides higher education and research opportunities to students in a variety of disciplines. The university is composed of various colleges, and departments, each specializing in a specific area of study. With a focus on student employability, our graduates in the fields of medical and management sciences are ready for successful professional careers upon graduation.
What are the available colleges at Deraya University “DUE”?
- Physical Therapy
- Business Administration
Where is the Deraya University DUE Located?
Located in Deraya Square, New Minya, Egypt. The campus is located 240 km south of Cairo.
What are the available facilities at DUE?
- Restaurant & Cafeteria
- Dental clinics
- Physical Therapy Clinics
- Computer Labs
- Physiotherapy Labs
- Chemicals Labs
- Dentistry Labs
Does DUE has transportation and to where?
Does DUE has Student Housing?
Does the university has additional learning?
Does Deraya University accredit?
Yes, The University is accredited and approved by the Ministry of Higher Education, the Ministry of Health, and the Egyptian Supreme Council of universities.
What is the Deraya University ranking?
- Deraya in world rank is 5075 of 11993
- Focusing on Egypt: Deraya ranked 48/78 of private universities accredited by the Supreme Council of Universities.
How do I Apply to the University?
You can apply to the university online through our website. So be sure to check the website of your desired program for specific instructions and starting dates, Apply Now .
What are the Available Programs at DUE?
- PHARMACY (Pharm- D & Pharm-D Clinical)
- PHYSICAL THERAPY
- BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (Accounting – Marketing – Management).
What are the Available Graduate Programs at DUE?
Master’s Degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences (Pharmaceutical Chemistry)
Master of Science in Basic Sciences of Physical Therapy.
What are the colleges Fees for the current Academic year?
What is the Deraya University DUE Scholarship or discount for the academic year 2022-2023?
What are the admission requirements for undergraduate programs?
Admission requirements vary by program, but generally include a high school diploma or equivalent, standardized test scores, and a completed application. Check the website of your desired program for specific requirements https://deraya.edu.eg/undergraduate-admissions/
What are the admission requirements for graduate programs?
Admission requirements vary by program, but generally include a bachelor’s degree, standardized test scores, letters of recommendation, and a completed application. Check the website of your desired program for specific requirements https://deraya.edu.eg/graduate-admissions/.
Is it possible to transfer from a foreign university without meeting the minimum requirements?
No, It is necessary to meet the minimum level of progress.
What are the procedures that a student must follow in case of the desire to transfer from a university outside of Egypt, especially Russia?
Bring copies of the following documents:
- Proof of enrollment, stating that the student enrolled in the university in Russia, or a letter of dismissal that is not more than a year old.
- A statement of the student’s academic status (a transcript from the college).
- A description of the academic content (a description of the courses that studied).
- A certificate of movements for the student.
- A letter stating that the student is currently studying core courses and not preparatory courses.
- A copy of the high school certificate or a statement of grades.
- A computerized birth certificate.
- Four “4” personal photos of the student.
- A copy of the student’s ID card and the guardian is ID card.
- Form 2, 6 Gond (for male students).
- Then, after ensuring that the documents are complete and ready, the original copies of these documents should be brought.”
Does transfer apply to all Russian universities or only some universities?
Transfer accepted from all universities accredited by the Ministry after submitting the application documents to the Supreme Council of universities.
Is there an application process for Sudanese Secondary School Certificate?
Yes, there is an application process for the Sudanese Secondary School Certificate, as well as for all secondary certificates and required documents, as follows:
- A certificate of student’s movements
- Original secondary school certificate
- Original computerized birth certificate
- 4 personal photos of the student
- Student and guardian ID card copy
- Form 2, 7 military service (for male students)
What is batch format for 2020/2021/2022 Academic years?
- The minimum required score for the Egyptian High School Certificate for Pharmacy, Physical Therapy, and Dentistry colleges in 2020 is 90%, and for Business Administration is 60%.
- The minimum required score for the Egyptian High School Certificate for Pharmacy and Physical Therapy colleges in 2021 is 80%, for Dentistry is 82%, and for Business Administration is 55%.
- The minimum required score for the Egyptian High School Certificate for Pharmacy is 74%, for Physical Therapy is 78%, for Dentistry is 80%, and for Business Administration is 55% in 2022.
- The minimum required score for the Al-Azhar, Arabic, and Foreign High School Certificates for Pharmacy, Physical Therapy, and Dentistry colleges in 2020 is 90%, and for Business Administration is 60%.
- The minimum required score for the Al-Azhar, Arabic, and Foreign High School Certificates for Pharmacy, Physical Therapy, and Dentistry colleges in 2021 is 85%, and for Business Administration is 60%.
- The minimum required score for the Al-Azhar, Arabic, and Foreign High School Certificates for Pharmacy is 75%, for Physical Therapy is 80%, for Dentistry is 85%, and for Business Administration is 60% in 2022.
What are the requirements for transferring for batches prior to 2020?
For approved credit hours, it should not exceed 50% of the total number of credit hours. For scientific colleges, the years of study should not exceed the first three years. For arts colleges, the years of study should not exceed the first two years. The total high school score should be equivalent to the high school score upon enrollment.
What are the required documents for application and are there any additional documents for specific cases?
How can tuition fees paid? Are there any additional fees for applying?
Tuition fees can paid through two methods, either by visa through the university treasury or by depositing the fees in the university’s bank account. The application file (including medical examination and language test) and tuition fees vary in each college.
How are the tuition fees paid?
Tuition fees for the academic year will paid in four installments
Are graduates of Commercial Diploma, Nursing, or Health Technology Institutes accepted? Which Colleges accept them? What are the application procedures?
The College of Business Administration at the university only accepts diplomas in commerce with a minimum overall grade of 60%. The required documents for applying are:
- Original diploma certificate in commerce
- Recent computerized birth certificate
- 4 personal photos of the student
- Student and guardian’s ID card copy
- Form 2, 7 Gond (for male students)
- Graduates of health technical institutes (with above-average qualifications) accepted in the faculties of Pharmacy, Physical therapy, and Dentistry if no more than two years have passed since graduation.