Academic StaffFebruary 26, 2021 2023-10-22 14:27
Faculty & Staff Portal
Resources, offices, and services for Deraya Faculty and Staff
Policies and Procedures
Information Technology Office
Teaching and Learning Center
Public Relations Office
Digital Marketing Office
Communication and Publication
Maintenance and Engineering Office
Facilities Management Office
Policies are a support system that provides assistance in developing academic and personal skills including individualized academic support, academic advising, workshops, leadership, responsibility, and accountability. It is designed to Provide :
- Personalized academic support as they earn their college degree(s).
- Stress management workshops.
- Provides a sense of belonging and a positive connection to Deraya.
- Class Coverage
- Campus Smoking Policy
- Related Schedules
- Academic and Administrative personnel recruitment and retention.
- Maintain personnel files containing credentials, evaluations, and correspondence.
- Document professional development and promotion decisions.
- Payroll service in collaboration with the Accounting Division.
- Academic and Administrative benefits, overload, and deductions.
- Health insurance for all staff.
- Assist Staff with their IT needs, including the creation of Microsoft accounts and access to electronic services.
- Manage the distribution and collection of MyFi devices to all staff.
- Provide IT technical support to staff.
- Maintain and repair computer hardware.
- Manage classroom equipment such as projectors and smart boards.
- Schedule regular updates for operating systems and software products in offices and Labs.
- Design and administer surveys to measure performance and assess the effectiveness of operations.
- Perform institutional research functions to support decision-making and planning in all operational areas including student recruitment and retention, admissions, curriculum assessment, staffing, finance, and facilities.
- Benchmark Key performance indicators against similar institutions and monitor KPIs over time.
- Produce information for decision support using proper data analytics.
- Perform periodic internal audits on various university entities to ensure the effectiveness of operations.
- Develop common policies and procedures for performance evaluation of staff.
- Develop, implement, and monitor risk assessment and mitigation plans across the institution.
- Offer a series of teaching and learning workshops for incoming faculty and teaching assistants.
- Organize workshops and seminars as part of the professional development of teaching faculty.
- Develop teaching and learning guidelines in line with best practices.
- Provide support for the implementation of alternative pedagogy such as flipped classrooms and project-based learning.
- Design and implement programs in support of hybrid and experiential learning.
- Support the college in the integration of multimedia and electronic resources within the classroom.
- Manage students and Staff Housing.
- Ensuring the security and safety of students and staff within the university housing units.
- Maintaining clean, safe, and healthy residential buildings, and ensuring proper maintenance of all facilities.
- Evaluating occupancy rates in buildings, and recommending changes according to the needs of the university and students.
- Providing transportation to and from residential units in cooperation with the Department of Transport and Movement
- Organize transportation requests for faculty, staff, and students.
- Develop the policies, plans, and needs necessary to meet the transportation services to and from the university.
- Set transportation schedules, publish schedules, and buses routes.
- Monitoring and circulating traffic laws, rules, and regulations to drivers to ensure the safety of personnel and Buses.
- Provide conference and workshop management and organization services to all academic units.
- Organize the annual graduation ceremony in close collaboration with the academic colleges.
- Maintain close ties with community partners and collaborators such as local government services, clubs, restaurants, hospitals, and hotels.
- Coordinate community services activities, including medical and educational caravans.
- Assist Faculty & staff with travel requests, including transportation and accommodation provisions.
- Develop strategies for digital marketing.
- Plan and direct time-bound digital marketing campaigns to serve the key institutional needs based on the annual academic calendar.
- Approve and monitor all social media platforms representing the university, analyze and improve their performance.
- Maintain and develop the university`s brand and identity, and ensure its implementation across all platforms.
- Manage and Maintain the university website.
- Produce promotional materials.
- Publish student and staff handbooks, policies & procedures, magazines, and other non-technical publications.
- Publish and distribute textbooks.
- Perform structural, electrical, and mechanical maintenance and repair of existing structures.
- Build new temporary structures.
- Ensure proper execution of all building operations, including housekeeping, cleaning, kitchenette service.
- Flag maintenance requests and report them to the construction and Maintenance Division.
- Identify and certify approved vendors.
- Process purchase requisitions and convert them into purchase orders.
- Process purchase orders and transfer the received goods to the central stores.
- Receive and store merchandise, supplies, and equipment.
- Distribute supplies, materials, and equipment to the relevant divisions and colleges.